Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1) - Tina  Smith I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.Lila was the new girl in the small town called Shade. There she encountered "the clique", a group of werewolves. The book consists of the drama that followed.By the end of the book I felt like the author was aiming for a cross between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Twilight, it just came out really boring. It is fine getting some information by being told, but if it is going to be a lot of information it would be better as a story or being shown. Action is more interesting in a story and far less passive than talking about everything. Something else that bothered me was the repetition. I am able to understand when something is being said the first time, I even handle being told the second time. The problem comes when the same thing is repeated over and over, by the fifth time the same line was repeated within two pages I would say (often out loud) just move on already. One example was the sudden obsession with the character Sky. There was no lead up to it, it was just suddenly there. Then we were told about her feelings, lust, etc. towards Sky a lot.Characters were flat and the descriptions in the book were inconsistent and vague. One example was Lila's tattoo. It is mentioned many times, but never fully described. At one point Lila is shown a drawing of the tattoo and still no description. If you are going to something mention multiple times in a story describe what it looks like.The conversation felt stilted. Anytime Lila talked to someone else in the book it felt like one of them was interrogating the other. It did not feel like a normal conversation. Then the answers would be evasive, which just made the conversations worse. On page fifty I began to give up on getting an actual plot. Then a vague one showed up around page 100. I was almost excited.