The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4) - James Patterson Where were they going with this book? Other than the characters this book didn't have a lot to do with the series. The global warming that took up 3/4ths of the book was a little out of left field.The first three books were mostly about the flock's survival. In this one that seemed like a leaser consideration. The authors put them in situations then it seemed like they said, "Oh wait we can't kill them. Huh."Max kept saying they needed to be distrustful of everyone. Problem with that was Max trusted everyone. The only two people she didn't trust were actively trying to harm her when they met. This would have been less noticeable if every time we went into Max's thoughts she didn't go on about her angst over Fang and her inability to trust anyone outside of the flock.Plot lines were started then they would just stop. It was like a staircase that led to a brick wall. One example: the bad guys made a point of saying they were there at this time for certain purposes. Then nothing.I did like the relationship between Max and Fang. They both like each other, but don't know what to do with it. Max is a confused teenager instead of a character with all the answers.