Review: The Nazi Hunters

The Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious Nazi - Neal Bascomb

I was given this book by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of how Adolf Eichmann, a Nazi leader, was captured years after he escaped Germany post WWII.

As I started reading I was expecting a textbook like experience. Instead it read more like a novel and I really enjoyed that. It made reading it a lot easier and harder to put down.

I liked the intake team. They did everything they could to make sure Eichmann made it through the experience unhurt and comfortable, or at least as comfortable as a prisoner could be. I really liked the girl Sylvia and everything her family did to insure Eichmann would be captured.

I thought the psychological ramifications the intake team had after they managed to get Eichmann was interesting. They each had personal experience with the Holocaust and struggled coming to terms with those experiences. The idea that they weren't expecting that along with how hard it was for them was fascinating.

My favorite part was the epilogue. I enjoyed learning what had happened to each of the people in the book after the trial. I like hearing about how peoples lives continue past what is arguably one of the biggest events in their lives.